Sunday 12 September 2010

Another Day In Transit

I'm afraid there's not much to say about today my friends, as it was another day spent largely in the company of airports.  I left Portland, far too soon for my liking, and proceeded North towards B.C.  Irritatingly the skies cleared just as I was flying past Mount St. Helens, giving me the view that we didn't get yesterday.  Such is the way of things when you depend on the weather.  Still, I had a great time yesterday, and was happy to see a different view today.  Despite the quality of the windows on a Dash 8 plane being a bit blurry, I attempted to get some pictures of the mountain as we passed.


Yeah, a bit misty, and a whole lot of glare there, but I hope that you get the general idea of what a great view I was getting as we flew past.  It was pretty nice, each of the short flights I've been on this week has been half-full, so I was able to switch into a window seat and enjoy the views.

When I arrived in Victoria this afternoon my Aunt was there to pick me up and we made our way North to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Saltair.


It was really great seeing all my family out here after so long.  I haven't been to the Island since I was a kid, and it's even been a long time since anyone from out here has made it back to Ontario.  We've just been spending the evening catching up, and watching some old home videos that my Grandpa has converted to DVD.  It was pretty hilarious seeing my Mom at age 1.

Unfortunately I'm dead tired today.  Just a bit of the travel catching up to me I think, so I'll beg your forgiveness for not being more descriptive this evening.  I think it's just getting time for me to call it a night.  I'll see if I can rest up tonight and be back to usual form for tomorrow.  It'll be my first full day on the Island, so hopefully I'll have many a merry adventure to relate to you all.  Until then, be well my friends.

1 comment:

Jabbles said...

Yeah mid vacation travel days are annoying. Have fun with your family.